Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Look Back at the Colorado Fuel & Iron Company

While doing genealogical research on my great-great grandpa, I discovered that he worked for the Colorado Fuel & Iron Company in the 1920's.  Wanting to know more about the company, I did some more research and came across this wonderful video at the Steel Works Museum web site.




I'm one of those people who only wants to know "who" was in our family history, but I also want to know more about these people and their life. The railroad business was booming in the early 1900's and it's not uncommon to see folks working for them on census records.

If you have relatives who worked for the Colorado Fuel and Iron Company (based in Pueblo, Colorado), you might enjoy this information.

Here's some more information about the railroad business and Colorado Fuel and Iron Company (CF&IE) (including information about the depot flood in 1921) if interested.

0 comments:

Post a Comment